I had a really hard time deciding on how I wanted to make the cupcakes. There are so many different variations. I compiled mine from 3 different recipes. Then after doing all of that I found one recipe that paired everything together the same way I did at beantownbaker. There might be slight little differences but overall it seems the same. I have to admit, I really didn't like the vanilla cream cheese paired with that particular cupcake, next time it'll be plain ol vanilla buttercream. It was ok, but I think that frosting would pair delicious with red velvet or chocolate. mmmm good! So... without further a do
Cookies~n~Cream Cupcakes
Ingredients
Cupcakes
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites
1 pkg Oreo Cookies
Frosting
8oz of cream cheese
5Tbsp of butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of powdered sugar
Preheat over to 350F.
Twist apart 24 Oreos. Place the cookie with filling on it, filling side up, in the bottom of each cupcake pan. Save the other part of the cookie to decorate the cupcakes.
Take about 10-12 cookies and cut them into fourths (four pieces each). Sprinkle with a little flour so all you cookies don't sink to the bottom of the cake batter.
Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add in the sugar. Next mix in the milk, butter, and vanilla. Make sure it's all well blended, now add in your egg whites. Lastly, add in the cookie pieces you cut into fourths.
Spoon the batter into the muffins pans about 3/4 full. I let mine bake for about 18 minutes.
Making the Frosting
Mix together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Once you have that all mixed up begin to add in the powdered sugar. Grab a few cookie tops w/o cream and crush them up. Put these a side for later.
Making them pretty
Make sure you let your cupcakes cool completely so that your frosting doesn't melt. Spread the frosting over your cupcake. Sprinkle some of your crushed cookies on top of your cupcake. Right before your ready to serve them stick one of the top halves of the cookies you saved in each cupcake. Bah dow Cookies n Cream Cupcakes.
Repeat all over again :) This recipe makes 24. I made the whole batch this time b/c I had Meet the Teacher the next night at my school. So when my students came in they got a cupcake before they left. :) My fiance said these are his favorite so far. They were yummy but my heart belongs to banana split!
No comments:
Post a Comment